Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fringeville Edition #31, August 31 2011

We’ve plummeted through the 200lb barrier. I can see my toes!  We’re at 198.2 this week. Again, the super secret technique (keep it to yourselves until I patent it): Eat less, exercise more.

* * *
Along those lines:  Had a long-overdue cardiac stress test last Friday. The doctor hasn’t called to schedule any Roto-Rooter work on my coronary arteries, so the chicken wings aren’t killing me yet.

* * *
One of my fiction pieces, an excerpt from my first novella, earned an honorable mention in the June 2011 Glimmer Train Fiction Open. It’s a big deal to me. It validates the time I spend writing (and I really don’t have a lot of time with my schedule). Not counting newspaper work years ago, I’ve made $11.75 writing. You don’t do this for love, kids. It’s brutal work. You do it because it’s as necessary as breathing.

* * *
I’ve made decisions about my political campaign. More to come on that soon.
* * *
JimboBillyBob

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.