Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Fringeville Edition #27, August 22 2011


Last week was pivotal week for me. Faced with uncertainties about my future and problems that offer no easy solutions, I did what I always do at times like these: I took long walks and threw myself into some physical labor.

There is something about putting the body into higher gear that starts to clear the cobwebs from the brain. Maybe it’s all the extra oxygen creeping into sleeping corners of my noggin.

Whatever it is, it works.

Time and again, long walks have done it for me. They’ve been lacking in my life because all the walking I did last year screwed up my knee. I've only been able to tackle flat ground, and there's not a lot of that around here. It’s taken a year for me to resume my walks, and you just might see me out and about with my new walking stick. That’s likely to become my trademark.

Throw some physical labor into the mix and my brain really kicks into high gear. I cut the grass twice and moved a crapload of equipment around at the office, and suddenly my head was brimming with ideas. It's no coincidence that I published my first e-book last week, or that I'm working hard on re-launching my campaign website right now. It's the magic of long walks and hard work. Works every time.

* * *


All the aforementioned physical labor was a good thing: I picked up about a half-pound on my Maine vacation. I weighed in last Wednesday at 204.2 pounds. Let’s see how much damage I undo by this week.

* * *

JimboBillyBob

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.