Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Fringeville #209: Every time I think I’m out…


…they try to pull me back in.

While I occasionally get nibbles to come out of hibernation and back into politics, it's the garbage from government itself that tempts me the most to get back into the fray.

So far, it’s not working.

I firmly believe my days in organized politics are over. I'm a small government guy with conservative leanings. My kind is an endangered species.

But occasionally I see something on social media and I can’t hold back:




Government is encroaching on every aspect of our lives. You pretty much can’t do a damned thing without it touching you. Fees for this, permits for that, rain “taxes”, fuel taxes, property taxes, multiple auto registration taxes… the list is endless. If it exists, someone is looking for ways to tax it.

Kids can’t even run lemonade stands in some places without permission from some peon in government.
 
I’m starting to think more like my radical little brother:  When will government realize that all most people want is to be left the hell alone? (He used another word for hell, but I retain a small bit of class. Not much. Just a smidge.)

*** 

Be good to each other. So far there is no tax on that.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.