Total Pageviews

Monday, October 30, 2017

Fringeville #168: Weekend Blues

...maybe I can mail myself to New England...



On a scale of 1-10, the highest number being joy and the lowest misery, this weekend never broke into positive integers.

And I didn’t watch a lick of the PSU-OSU game and could’ve cared less.

With the Big 60 coming up fast, I spent the weekend reevaluating myself. ‘Nuff said ‘bout that.

* * *
Despite the fact that I have no lower body strength and intermittent balance issues, I managed to pull apart and store the toys in the yard for the coming winter.

I also replaced the guts of a bathroom ceiling fan/light combination. I had no ladder, so mister balance stood on a chair.

I managed to do both of these without breaking any bones, or electrocuting myself.

Church on Sunday and accomplishing the above took my mood almost to zero, but it wasn’t enough.

But like I said, ‘nuff ‘bout that.

* * *
I’m giving myself a birthday present on November 8th. I can’t give it any earlier. ‘Nuff said ‘bout that too.

* * *

I’d love to be in New England right about now. The foliage would surely slay the blues. I simply can’t make it happen, and before I know it we’ll be living in grayworld until spring.

* * *

My dog loves me. He greets me with nearly unconditional joy whenever I walk through the door.

Nearly unconditional.

He demands I take him out to pee, even if he was out just before I got home. I haven’t decided whether I’ve Pavloved him or he me.

* * *

That’s it for now.

Be good to each other.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.