Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

For the 10,000th time.... Still Not Dead

I remain utterly and completely not dead.

I have kept myself in self-imposed exile for about a year. It didn't seem appropriate to blog when I was working for a county government, especially since much of what I write is related to politics. Anything I blogged could have been a reflection on who I served.

With the exception of some humor, specifically a piece on the dreaded roundabouts in Avoca, I deliberately fell off the grid.

For better or worst I am back, and for the first time in years I am not working 2 1/4 jobs. I have some time to teach myself to write a bit. The skill has eroded significantly. It's not a bicycle thing where you just get back on and go.

A capsule of my last year: A wild ride in politics. No major health issues, but health concerns as I watch my PSA number creeping up, but at microscopic levels. All kinds of people around me had a horrible 2016, and in some cases I don't know how they got through it. On a number of levels, I am at war with the Universe, so nothing has changed on that front.

But I am still here. I am back. Yippee ki-yay.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.