Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fringeville #118, September 07 2014

Political Blog of the Year?

To my very great surprise, Fringeville is one of the blogs up for the NEPA BlogCon "Political Blog of the Year" award.

I'm surprised because not only do I not blog every day, but most of my posts this year have been centered around my war with prostate cancer. But there are folks out there who really live and breathe politics. My personal favorite is David Yonki. He keeps churning out excellent work, and he does some great features to change the pace now and again.

My prediction is Yonk will capture the award. I'll seize last place, just as I did in my 2013 bid for a seat on the Wilkes-Barre Area School Board.

The Yonk, author of the Lulac Political Letter
* * *

Elise Mosca

Speaking of the Wilkes-Barre Area School District: Now that I'm a big-shot political blogger, I will speak my mind on something. I've read some really nasty comments about Elise Mosca from the usual spineless and anonymous folks who dwell in the comments sections of our local newspapers. Mosca, for the three people within 100 miles who don't know who she is, has requested multiple leaves of absence to appear on reality shows and such.

The folks who deserve all the blame for this sit on the Wilkes-Barre Area School Board. Their loosey-goosey practice of letting folks take time off for, apparently, just about anything is inexcusable. 

Taking time off for illness, military service, or parenting is one thing. To land a mate on national television ...umm ... no. It's not what their policy states, but by gosh they let her do it anyway. They granted two consecutive leaves because of "past practices."  That's a euphemism for "anything goes 'round here."

Those folks who want to give Mosca a hard time should direct their broadsides at the folks who granted the leave. And while they're at it, they should ask how the search for all that missing scaffolding is going.

I don't know why we should expect better from this district. When I ran last year, I compared their anti-nepotism policy to the NFL's prevent defense. Why? Neither works.


And now for your hot political newsflash: None of the above is a warmup for another run for office. For any office. I'm done. I've discovered it's a heckuva lot more fun to work behind the scenes.


Ciao for now. And next post will likely be about chicken wings. I haven't written a lick about them in days.


* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.