Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fringeville Edition #57, January 18 2012

...my brain is melted.


I've just finished putting together my second Kindle e-book.  The first go-round, I was just sticking a toe in the water and published an 8-page short story. This time, it's three short stories and 2 sets of 2006 blog posts I've reworked.


The whole e-book phenomena really empowers authors. At the same time, it's a lot of work you have to do instead of someone else at a publishing house. You've got to handle the layout, the artwork/photography, set the price, review royalty options ...there's a fair amount of non-creative work involved. But if you're a control freak (like me, for example) the whole shebang succeeds or fails through the efforts of the person in the mirror.


By this time tomorrow, the book should be submitted for publication on Amazon. More details to come...


Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.