Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

For the 10,000th time.... Still Not Dead

I remain utterly and completely not dead.

I have kept myself in self-imposed exile for about a year. It didn't seem appropriate to blog when I was working for a county government, especially since much of what I write is related to politics. Anything I blogged could have been a reflection on who I served.

With the exception of some humor, specifically a piece on the dreaded roundabouts in Avoca, I deliberately fell off the grid.

For better or worst I am back, and for the first time in years I am not working 2 1/4 jobs. I have some time to teach myself to write a bit. The skill has eroded significantly. It's not a bicycle thing where you just get back on and go.

A capsule of my last year: A wild ride in politics. No major health issues, but health concerns as I watch my PSA number creeping up, but at microscopic levels. All kinds of people around me had a horrible 2016, and in some cases I don't know how they got through it. On a number of levels, I am at war with the Universe, so nothing has changed on that front.

But I am still here. I am back. Yippee ki-yay.

* * *