Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2017

Fringeville #153: Wings and Things (for the umpteenth time)

Lucille wants your wings, Jimbo



I used a Buffalo Wild Wings gift card for wings last night. The gift card has been sitting in my wallet around two years. I am terrible using gift cards. I love getting them, but once I get them they vanish down my long-term memory rabbit hole. The only gifts cards I use fairly frequently (for me) are Amazon cards because I reload my account and buy stuff online a couple of times a year.

Wait. I’ve meandered. We were discussing wings.


I got a large order of flats only, with 4 different sauces and two orders of carrots & celery plus bleu cheese. It was just the wife and I, so the idea was to eat a late dinner while watching The Walking Dead. We live about 12 minutes from the restaurant, so when I started the online order at 7:50pm I was fully confident I’d be back with the wings by 9pm for the weekly dose of zombies.


At 8:10, we were still researching the sauces (when I say we, I don’t mean me.) This was how it went for 25 minutes:


Me: “How about the Caribbean Jerk?”


Wife: “…let me read the reviews. I want to know what’s in it. Where did it go? I just had it on my phone."


Tick…tick…tick…tick…


Wife: “…it was right hear. Let me back up a page.”


Tick…tick…tick…tick…


Wife: “…here’s a review. Let me read that.”


Tick…tick…tick…tick…


There were 4 sauces, gang. By the time I left the house, it was 8:15.  I assumed I would just barely make it back in time.


To my great surprise, the order was ready when I walked into the restaurant at 8:28. I was in front of the TV by 8:50.


The wings? Not gourmet but okay, and the sauces were as such:


Caribbean Jerk: Fine by me, too hot for the wife (sorta like me).


Mild: Mild. Ordinary. No big deal


Garlic Parmesan: Tasty enough, and the garlic wasn’t overpowering, which made the wife happy. I like garlic in doses high enough that it seeps out of every pore in my body. But it gets a thumbs up.


BBQ Honey mustard: Tangy and sweet. A pleasant surprise.


Would I go there again? Yes, especially if I need wings in a hurry. On a 1-5 wing scale (1 being inedible and 5 being wing nirvana) they get a solid 2 wings. I will eat any wings, but I start enjoying them at ‘2’ so they made the cut. I’m not big on chain restaurants for wings, so that’s actually decent by my standards.

Acceptable wings served up fast



As to the Walking Dead: If Rick's folks don’t start killing some Saviors by the wing-bucket pretty damned soon, I’m going to get bored.


* * *

It’s petition season. I will either start circulating a petition today, or I won’t run at all. (See the very next item on today’s entry.)


* * *

Well, it’s been a nice 6 weeks recharging my batteries but the math doesn’t work, kids. Time to bump back up to 2 ¼ jobs.




* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.