Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fringeville #95, January 1 2014

It's New Year's Day.

If you're worried I'm going to do a long-winded year-in-review thing, let's put that to rest immediately. It will be short and sweet: three bad, three good and I'll wrap it up.

The Bad:

1) Got my butt kicked in another election. 9th place out of nine contenders. A good and proper slaughter at the polls. Note to self: never tell people exactly what you plan to do if elected.

2) Uninvited house guest in the wee hours. A big-ass dog will deal with this should it happen again. If you come back, plan to leak.

3) More than once, I went a week or more without wings.
 

The Good:

1) New Granddaughter. This alone negates anything in the "Bad" section above.

2) Got to sing on stage again with my old and dear friend Mark Williams. Rumor has it I was mostly on key this time around. Come this summer, I may play the guitar as well. We'll see.

3)  I'm down at last to one brick and mortar full-time job with benefits. I worked two part-time jobs and did a side job bookkeeping until a part-time job transitioned to full-time. There were days I literally didn't know what day it was. But I'd do it again versus collecting  unemployment. I'm one and done with that.

The year ahead...

I'm taking it a day at a time. I'll start each day by wondering what good I might do that day, and end the day asking myself if I achieved it. The Ben Franklin approach. Keep my eye on the little things and the rest will take care of itself.

Ciao for now...

Jimbo