It's New Year's Day.
If you're worried I'm going to do a long-winded year-in-review thing, let's put that to rest immediately. It will be short and sweet: three bad, three good and I'll wrap it up.
1) Got my butt kicked in another election. 9th place out of nine contenders. A good and proper slaughter at the polls. Note to self: never tell people exactly what you plan to do if elected.
2) Uninvited house guest in the wee hours. A big-ass dog will deal with this should it happen again. If you come back, plan to leak.
3) More than once, I went a week or more without wings.
1) New Granddaughter. This alone negates anything in the "Bad" section above.
2) Got to sing on stage again with my old and dear friend Mark Williams. Rumor has it I was mostly on key this time around. Come this summer, I may play the guitar as well. We'll see.
3) I'm down at last to one brick and mortar full-time job with benefits. I worked two part-time jobs and did a side job bookkeeping until a part-time job transitioned to full-time. There were days I literally didn't know what day it was. But I'd do it again versus collecting unemployment. I'm one and done with that.
The year ahead...
I'm taking it a day at a time. I'll start each day by wondering what good I might do that day, and end the day asking myself if I achieved it. The Ben Franklin approach. Keep my eye on the little things and the rest will take care of itself.
Ciao for now...