Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fringeville Edition #47, December 14 2011

...Whoopsie Daisy!


So long, 121st District!

After nearly 8 years of hard work as a GOP committee person in Pennsylvania’s 121st District (including a run for State Representative) thanks to redistricting I’m now going to be living in the 118th.

I’m likely saying goodbye to Lou Barletta as my Congressman as well. Lou’s name came up an awful lot while I was pounding the pavement door-to-door in 2010 trying to make a dent against Eddie Day Pashinski in the State Representative race. I got my tush kicked but I also think my door-to-door campaign got Lou some votes. I know I convinced some folks to come out on Election Day who wouldn’t have if I hadn’t knocked on their doors.

As for Eddie Day Pashinski, I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, near the end of the campaign. We had a cordial discussion at an NAACP event where we both spoke. On Election Day he also chatted with my wife a moment outside a poll in Plains. We both ran clean campaigns, and I take a little pride in that.

So what does redistricting mean for my future political plans?

It’s way, way, way too early to tell. I will continue to become more involved in Plains, where I live. Beyond Plains I know an awful lot of people in Laflin, but I’m pretty much an unknown in the rest of my new stomping grounds, the 118th. I’m not sure staying involved in Wilkes-Barre area politics makes sense any more, and I’m not sure I want to start all over, either. I’m going through a bit of a political Whoopsie Daisy and I need time to reflect and regroup.

* * * 

JimboBillyBob

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.