Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

Fringeville Edition #33, September 09 2011

Most of my week was spent at the office dealing with the unwelcome visit by tropical storm Lee. When I went into work on Wednesday morning, I had no idea I wouldn’t see home again until Thursday evening.

When I did finally get home, I promptly crapped out on the couch. An hour or so later I fell off, landing right on my surgically reconstructed knees. Apparently nearly two hundred pounds of semi-conscious Irishman makes one hell of a thud when it hits the floor. I scared the bejesus out of my family. I haven’t fallen out of bed since I was a child, so I was red-faced.

Fortunately I just bruised my knees. Usually when I fall I break something, so I feel lucky. I’ll just end up with some lovely Technicolor bruising, but no other harm done.

My only thoughts now before I crawl into bed are with those who are struggling with this storm and its aftermath. I pray for them and for their families (and I really do believe prayer has an effect).

I’ve got a bigger post coming on this past week, but I’m off to bed to recharge my batteries. Valley with a Heart:  God Bless you and keep you safe.

* * *

JimboBillyBob

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.