Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

Fringeville Edition #33, September 09 2011

Most of my week was spent at the office dealing with the unwelcome visit by tropical storm Lee. When I went into work on Wednesday morning, I had no idea I wouldn’t see home again until Thursday evening.

When I did finally get home, I promptly crapped out on the couch. An hour or so later I fell off, landing right on my surgically reconstructed knees. Apparently nearly two hundred pounds of semi-conscious Irishman makes one hell of a thud when it hits the floor. I scared the bejesus out of my family. I haven’t fallen out of bed since I was a child, so I was red-faced.

Fortunately I just bruised my knees. Usually when I fall I break something, so I feel lucky. I’ll just end up with some lovely Technicolor bruising, but no other harm done.

My only thoughts now before I crawl into bed are with those who are struggling with this storm and its aftermath. I pray for them and for their families (and I really do believe prayer has an effect).

I’ve got a bigger post coming on this past week, but I’m off to bed to recharge my batteries. Valley with a Heart:  God Bless you and keep you safe.

* * *

JimboBillyBob