Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Fringeville Edition #60, January 30 2012

A buck and change

We're closing in on a milestone gang.

I'm reviewing the results of the Amazon free-download promotion for Acts of Volition and July 27.

There were 119 downloads of Acts Of Volition in the United States, 10 in the United Kindgom.

There were 103 downloads of July 27 in the U.S., 14 in the U.K., and 1 in Germany! Achtung! I've invaded the continent!

That's not bad for a promo weekend. I did well enough to hit #61 on one Amazon list.

Since the promo, the financial results are in to see  how I did after the promo ended.  I've made $10.73, all but thirty-five cents coming from Acts of Volition. This moves me close to fulfilling a pledge I made when I ran for Plains Township Commissioner last year. I promised to double the money I made writing fiction in the ten years prior to the election.

I'm $1.02 from matching the previous decade's total of $11.75.

A buck and change from pulling even with a decade's work! Woo---freaking---HOOO!!! I can barely contain myself!

Yes, it's breathtaking. I'll try my hardest not to get a swelled head.

I figure I'll meet that campaign pledge by summer. That'll get me a couple dozen wings, or maybe a wing and pizza special at one of NEPA's fine eateries.

In the meantime, back to writing ...no resting on my laurels.

Jimbobillybob

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motto is be good to each other. In that spirit, keep it clean on the comments. Personal attacks, nasty language, and any disdain of chicken wings will not be tolerated.