Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fringeville Edition #31, August 31 2011

We’ve plummeted through the 200lb barrier. I can see my toes!  We’re at 198.2 this week. Again, the super secret technique (keep it to yourselves until I patent it): Eat less, exercise more.

* * *
Along those lines:  Had a long-overdue cardiac stress test last Friday. The doctor hasn’t called to schedule any Roto-Rooter work on my coronary arteries, so the chicken wings aren’t killing me yet.

* * *
One of my fiction pieces, an excerpt from my first novella, earned an honorable mention in the June 2011 Glimmer Train Fiction Open. It’s a big deal to me. It validates the time I spend writing (and I really don’t have a lot of time with my schedule). Not counting newspaper work years ago, I’ve made $11.75 writing. You don’t do this for love, kids. It’s brutal work. You do it because it’s as necessary as breathing.

* * *
I’ve made decisions about my political campaign. More to come on that soon.
* * *
JimboBillyBob